Monday, March 22, 2010

Saturday flights(sss), Basketball, Sunday sleep and hike!



What a fun trip! I loved the small plane from Kotzebue to Buckland. Terry met us in Buckland and showed us around "down town" and "up town." Told us about her dog named "Puppy" and showed us a huge log her husband had pulled in from many miles away where trees actually grow.

Saturday night at 9:00 is women's basketball night at the gym ($1.00 to play). I had a blast playing with the friendly and inviting women - and they were the cleanest basketball games I've ever played. We played game after game until about 11:00pm.

Sunday I slept, ate, and went on a very long hike with Mirjam. Let's just say we did not make it to our destination, and were relieved to make it back to the school before the last rays of sun left the hillside.

1 comment:

  1. Ali,
    I am glad you made it back safely after hiking for miles :). Great photos. Looking forward to hearing more .

    ReplyDelete